22.2.11

g-o-n-e

 

Today I was physically present at work.   I woke up.  I took a shower.  Dressed myself.  Poured my coffee.  Walked out the door.  Drove to work.  Sat down at my desk.  Poured my coffee from my thermos to my mug.  Made a bowl of oatmeal.  Filled my water bottle.  Ate my oatmeal.  Answered some calls.  Made some calls to some insurance companies.  Worked several patient accounts.  I stared out of the window in my office.  I checked over the headlines on cnn.com.  I browsed the latest gaming headlines on joystiq.com.  I browsed over the forums at gay-nerds.com. 

I stood at the fax machine while a co-worker told me of her problems.  I watched her lips move, but did not actually hear a word she said.  I received a text message from a friend wanting to know what was wrong.  I am not here today.  Nor was I there yesterday.  Chances are, I won’t be there tomorrow.

Corey is on a vacation.  Everything that is being done in his absence is pure automation.  The Brain has taken over.  Autopilot has been engaged.  Please keep your trays in the upright position for the duration of this flight.

Corey will be back.  In the meantime, enjoy the show.

No comments: